Thursday, April 23, 2009

Oh what do you do in the Spring time...

...when you are stuck in bed? Today my doctor informed me that I am to have another 2 weeks off work and in bed. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am not the kind of person to sit still. I watch TV once a week on Thursday nights. Almost all other times of my day are spent moving around doing things. I rarely sit down except at nights to read. Here are some of the things that I am up to now.
Chuck on Monday nights!! Fabulous! And you can watch it on NBC.com anytime during the week!
On Thursday nights you can catch the most hilarious show ever..The Office! LOVE IT!!
Followed by 30 Rock!! Very fun show!
Some other things that I am also enjoying now includes Sudoku puzzles...
I have been reading quite a bit from the scriptures. What better time to try and find peace in your life when you are forced to take it easy and relax
I am also reading the Harry Potter Books. I am currently on The Goblet of Fire and enjoying it so much! I have also been spending a lot of time planning for the baby. We still have so much to do and now all I can do is sit and plan. I have actually made a list of all the things we need, price checked from Babies-R-Us, Target, and Wal-Mart and totaled up the final cost. (too much time)

So, my dilemma is that I am trying to find something to do that will make me feel like I am being productive and won't make me break my doctors orders. What suggestions do you have?? Any thoughts would be great!!

3 comments:

deb@virginia blue said...

Did you ever learn to crochet? You could totally make a blanket for the new arrival. It's the perfect thing to do while watching TV and/or laying in bed.

I actually taught myself to crochet when I was forced to spend a lot of time in bed several years ago...checked a book out from the library, bought some yarn and hooks, and started practicing. In no time at all, I had a blanket!

I'm so sorry you're stuck in bed :(

I went through the same thing before I had Sheridan and it almost drove me crazy! Wish we lived a bit closer to each other...I'd pop right over and keep you company!

Megan said...

Oh my gosh! his room is so cute! i want to come and see it some time. Good work!

Emily Wing said...

Oh that is SO not his room! I wish it were. However, his is done in Jungle theme. He is actually sharing a room with his good old parents. Space is somewhat an issue in our house. So his corner of the room is Jungle theme!