Monday, January 12, 2009

December catch-up

We had so much fun this Christmas! We started off the Christmas holiday with a trip to Brown County. It was absolutely enchanting while we were there. Being the weekend after Thanksgiving, there were Christmas festivities all over the town. We took a Christmas train ride in the dark, saw Santa Claus, and did a little shopping. However, I forgot my camera in the room the day we did all the fun stuff (leave it to me). Lexi did get a couple of snapshots on our way out of town though. She LOVES taking pictures.


And of course we had such a great time at Nana and Pappy's for Christmas. I don't think there are too many things that can beat going to Nana and Pappy's. That night we went to their ward Christmas fireside and had such an amazing experience. Everyone was dressed in clothing from the time of Christ. We were read at the beginning of the devotional the decree to go to our home land and pay a tax. One by one, each family left the chapel and went to the cultural hall which was decorated with booths that represented shops in Bethlehem. We paid our taxes (non-perishable items that were given to a local food pantry) and were able to purchase items from the booths...bread, olives and cheese, fruit, drinks, etc. We then were told the story of the birth of Christ which was acted out by certain members. There were white lights on the ceiling that looked like stars. It was such a beautiful experience. Here is a quick pic of my mom and Lexi at their booth. And of course my sweet niece Lily.



Later that week, Lexi and I tackled some yummy Christmas cookies. Lexi began frosting and I quickly realized that she was eating more of the frosting than was making it to the cookies. She then became my sprinkler. She liked that job a little better. I think her favorite job though was licking the icing beaters. Too cute!






Lexi enjoyed all of her gifts Christmas morning, but I think she was the most excited about having us open our presents. She was able to get us presents at her school. She even got 'peanut' a present. A bib that says "All American Baby" on it. It was the tackiest but sweetest thing. Ryan got a Dad mug and keychain and I got a porcelain kitty and a heart necklace with a red stone in it. She is so sweet.

She also received a visit from Santa on Christmas Day! Her Uncle Chris was as excited about it as she was I think. She came so close to figuring it out though. We had to make up some pretty crazy things to get her to believe. She is so smart!
We had a great holiday season and can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for us!

1 comment:

deb@virginia blue said...

looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday season!
I can't believe how much Lexi has grown...she's such a little beauty =)