Saturday, January 31, 2009

To Mommyhood


I got a call at work last Sunday night from Ryan telling me Lexi didn't look so good. He gave her some cold medicine and sent her off to bed. The next night while watching a movie together I noticed a strange sound. After muting the movie, I noticed the sound was a wheezing sound coming from none other than Lexi. So, we carted her off to the doctor the next day only to be told she sounds fine and to keep an eye on her. The next day who should get sick, but poor Mommy. So, I ask my sweet hubby to pick up some Benadryl to help with the sniffles and the sleeplessness. I take this at 11pm and at 12pm the fun begins. Lexi decides that just as the Benadryl is kicking in, she is going to begin vomiting over and over and over again. She proceeded to do this until 7:30 the next morning when I finally woke up out of my Benadryl transe and realized 'wait, this isn't right!' (Those nursing instincts were just a little behind that night I think) We get her to the doctor and low and behold, her lungs are all junky! (The mom told you so 2 days ago!) We got an X-Ray, started her on albuterol treatments, got her some zofran and then tried to get her to pee. Well, she didn't like that idea and proceeded to cry for the next hour saying she couldn't go to the potty and she just wanted to go home. I finally talk the doctor in to letting me take her home and just catch some urine at home. So, we go home with Zofran and breathing treatments, she is happy, we are happy, and we all sleep for the next 4 hours!! Then we have to wake up and take Ryan to work. Half way there, Ryan looks at me and says, 'I think I am going to be sick'. (AHHH!) So we turn around and go home, get Ryan in bed and chill at home. Or so we think... Lexi then spikes a fever of 102! As does Ryan. So, because I never use Tylenol in my home (I love Motrin) I have to go out again to get Tylenol. While I am out, I call my poor sweet sister Ashley, who the listens to me gripe for the next 5 minutes about how I am pregnant, sick, sleep deprived and forced to take care of my sick hubby and daughter. I think I am being reminded of what Mommyhood is like. Lexi has been a breeze for the past couple of years. Well, Ryan is doing much better and poor Lexi hasn't eaten much since Wednesday...what she does eat she doesn't keep. I, of course, am still sick, but at work and sucking it up like a real mom does!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, you poor family! I'm sorry you are all so sick! I hope you guys get better soon. Just don't come to church, OK? :)

deb@virginia blue said...

SuperMommy indeed!
Hope everyone is feeling MUCH better soon...make sure you take at least a little bit of time out to take care of yourself.