Saturday, September 24, 2011

Summer Lovin'

Does my lack of posting tell the story of all the fun we had this summer?  Because it was a GREAT ONE!!!  We were so lucky to be able to enjoy all that the summer had to offer.

The kids and I took a trip to Holiday World with Ashley and her kiddos.  We had so much fun!!  Lily wanted her picture taken with the Holidog so badly.  I even had to show her each picture to make sure it was ok with her.  Too sweet!
Had to stop for an ice cream break, because it. was. HOT! 
What sweet lil' boys 

4th of July
Ryan and the kids blasted off the 4th up at his parents!  The kids loved the fireworks and Gavin especially loved those little pop things.  I so wish I had a video of that to post. 
Lexi was in love with the sparklers, of course!

We also got to celebrate Ryan's 30th birthday!!!  I can't believe we are at that point in our lives.  I still feel like I am 18.  CRAZY!

And then of course, you remember the heat wave in July?  You know, the one where even with the a/c on 68, it was still 85 in our homes??  Yeah, it was that kind of summer.  I hope I never forget that and every summer appreciate that 70-80 degree weather.
Gavin and I figured out it was better to just sit outside with the breeze (and the fan!). 

Then over Labor Day the kids and I and my family packed up the cars and headed to Myrtle Beach!  Can I just say that was so much fun!?!  It was so nice to be with my sisters, parents, and Granny.  We had so much fun trying to absorb all there is to do in Myrtle Beach. 
We were able to go to the Ripley's Aquarium which was a cute little place.  After which, we went to eat at Johnny Rocket's.  I think the boys had more fun here with their hats.  And aren't they darling??  :)

At the aquarium

Some beach fun!
Lexi's number one to do was to be buried in the sand!  So of course, Gavin helped!
He and Sam and Jason loved digging!  I think they could have sat in the sand all day long just digging...and throwing sand and shells back into the ocean. 
Lexi was getting so adventurous.  At one point, we were headed out pretty far.  She and Ash were jumping waves and then all of a sudden...
she was screaming bloody murder.  Totally think she was stung by a little jellyfish!  How cool is that!  She didn't find it too cool then, but what a story to go back and tell!!
Then last week we celebrated her 9th birthday!  I can't believe this sweet girl is 9 years old already.  It really never does slow down, does it?
Isn't she so beautiful??  Love you Lexi!

So much fun this summer.  But now, we are ready for fall!!!!!  Our favorite time of year as a family. In fact, we are starting today!  Off to get fall decor to start the season right!  Happy fall everyone!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures Emily... thank you so very much for sharing... the kids are growing up so fast... sending lots of love to you all ! Love Grandma Lisa ...